If they're going to use the second $350 billion here are some suggestions how from Robert Reich.
And by the way is anyone else sick of hearing about how only a small percentage of the people in this country actually understand the inner workings of our financial systems and therefore those people have to stay in positions managing the money from these bailouts? They obviously don't understand it very well, otherwise wouldn't it follow that we wouldn't be in this mess? It's like if you took your car to a mechanic and he told you how everything in your car works, but then couldn't even change your battery. I don't care if you can tell me how it works. Make it work. Or change it completely and put people in charge who can actually make a new system work.
When You Get Bored Here, Go Here:
- David Luke Doody
- David Luke Doody is a freelance writer and editor. He is a founding editor of InDigest Magazine (www.indigestmag.com), an online literary magazine and the blog editor for Guernica Magazine (www.guernicamag.com). His writing and interviews have appeared in those magazines as well as in The Huffington Post, mnartists.org, The Minnesota Twins Yearbook, and Intentionally Urban Magazine, among others.
- A (Very) New Poem
- MN Year in Review at mnartists.org
- Guernica Magazine Praised on Esquire's Blog
- The 44th President of the United States
- This is Rich
- Robert Reich on Guernica
- On Dealing With the C.I.A.
- Are You Looking For a Place to Serve?
- From Paul Schmelzer at Eyeteeth: Design Won't Sa...
- A Book Review
- ▼ January (10)
- ► 2008 (112)