Monday, July 2, 2007
Why didn't anyone tell me about this show? It is hilarious! The chef calls the women's team Hell's Bitches! And gets away with it! I can't believe how seriously some people in the restaurant business take themselves. I've met some people like this throughout my time in the industry. There's nothing to be said about people who look at what they're doing as way more important than it is. Nothing. The problem is, a lot of those people are the ones making a lot of the decisions in this world. People like to think they are important, even when what they are doing has such a minuscule effect on the world as a whole. Still, that doesn't mean that some of the things that come out of this chef's mouth aren't funny. Plain and simple. Just like, in the grand scheme of things, cooking food.
When You Get Bored Here, Go Here:
- David Luke Doody
- David Luke Doody is a freelance writer and editor. He is a founding editor of InDigest Magazine (www.indigestmag.com), an online literary magazine and the blog editor for Guernica Magazine (www.guernicamag.com). His writing and interviews have appeared in those magazines as well as in The Huffington Post, mnartists.org, The Minnesota Twins Yearbook, and Intentionally Urban Magazine, among others.
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (112)
- Lesson Learned?...Probably Not
- Black Snake Moan--A DVD Review
- An Article
- Sound Familiar?
- Positive Hip Hop For Seventeen Years, Y'all
- The Night Angels Took Over The Trains
- Go! Hurry!
- How Did I Get Here?
- The Key To a Good BBQ And Other Things I Learned A...
- Hell's Kitchen
- I'm a hypocrite
- No Direction Home
- The housemates went north
- ▼ July (15)