Every time I click on a YouTube video from Fox News (I don't think I could ever actually tune into the station) I get so pissed I feel like breaking something.
There is nothing that I have ever seen that's come from that station that resembles news. People have the right to think what they will, but that's not journalism. To call what the people at Fox do "news" is offensive to anyone who has ever taken part in the actual production or consumption of actual news.
And, for anyone who doesn't believe in conspiracy or who thinks that there are not people out there who are actively and dishonestly trying to make you think something that is completely false, who will do whatever it takes to make your mind think a certain way, then little things like this should make it evident that such tactics take place. If they are willing to attempt to make you feel something toward an individual based on photo manipulation, is it really all that hard to believe that they will lie as much as possible to make you feel how they feel? They're relying on you not looking into it.
The people at Fox show they know how to use Photoshop...poorly.
When You Get Bored Here, Go Here:
- David Luke Doody
- David Luke Doody is a freelance writer and editor. He is a founding editor of InDigest Magazine (www.indigestmag.com), an online literary magazine and the blog editor for Guernica Magazine (www.guernicamag.com). His writing and interviews have appeared in those magazines as well as in The Huffington Post, mnartists.org, The Minnesota Twins Yearbook, and Intentionally Urban Magazine, among others.
- ► 2009 (40)
- New Yorker Follows Now Imfamous Obamas-As-Terroris...
- I Have a Reading Tonight
- What's The Coolest Thing You Can Think Of?
- He Said What?
- John McCain Gets It Wrong...Again
- The Art of Copyediting
- Bush's Impact Will Be Felt Long After He Is Gone
- This is Fun
- This Pretty Much Sums it Up, So I Don't Really Hav...
- On My Dad Trying to Teach Me a Lesson...Over and O...
- I Can't Even Begin to Explain Just How Much I Hate...
- ▼ July (12)