"A false patriot who would rather be loud than right."
Every once in a while I get caught up watching Bill O'Reilly videos on YouTube. One leads to the next; I get so enraged, but I keep watching. It's some sort of masochism, I suppose. Anyway, as usual I come to no new conclusions. And as usual, though I'm not sure why anymore, I am baffled that there are people out there who actually watch this guy and, worse still, watch him as their source of news. It's insulting to the profession of journalism.
Anyway, I know two things right now:
1) It's 1:51am Central time and started this post over two hours ago.
2) Bill O'Reilly should have his citizenship revoked.
Here, Phil Donohue serves him. Period. I love that he's calling him "Billy":
I wish this guy had been in the studio rather than via satellite so he could have kicked the shit out of O'Reilly. How can people think that this guy supports any one of the troops, talking to a nine-year veteran like this. Have some fucking respect:
O'Reilly tries to end his interviews with questions that will elicit answers that he can use out of context in the future, because he knows his viewers are either too stupid, too ignorant, or just too wrapped up in living a life of comfort, letting other people do their killing to ever even contemplate going back and checking the transcripts or watching the whole interview to figure out what his guest was actually saying. He did it in the video above with the veteran (nine years!) by asking him if he would be happy if Iraq became a calm, U.S.-loving country. Since the WAR VETERAN didn't give a hearty "Hell yes, Bill, I'd be happy as a pig in shit" answer, O'Reilly will be able to count him among his Bush-hating group, those of us who O'Reilly claims hate Bush so much that that leads us to our dissent and disagreement with the war. As if Iraq becoming a calm, U.S.-loving nation would instantly wipe the slate clean of all the blood already shed. Anyway, here, O'Reilly tries to pull the same shit on Ron Paul. Oh, and Billy, you might want to check your guests' voting records before you try to challenge them on what they did or did not authorize:
In all my rants about how much TV news sucks why, why!, has no one told me to watch Keith Olbermann's show. I love this first clip more than I can express. The second one is just to prove what a dick the guy is:
p.s. I have no idea if these clips are from recent shows or old news. Like I said, I only watch the clips in bulk because I can't seem to help it. Sorry if you've already seen all of these.
When You Get Bored Here, Go Here:
- David Luke Doody
- David Luke Doody is a freelance writer and editor. He is a founding editor of InDigest Magazine (www.indigestmag.com), an online literary magazine and the blog editor for Guernica Magazine (www.guernicamag.com). His writing and interviews have appeared in those magazines as well as in The Huffington Post, mnartists.org, The Minnesota Twins Yearbook, and Intentionally Urban Magazine, among others.
- ► 2009 (40)
- New Yorker Follows Now Imfamous Obamas-As-Terroris...
- I Have a Reading Tonight
- What's The Coolest Thing You Can Think Of?
- He Said What?
- John McCain Gets It Wrong...Again
- The Art of Copyediting
- Bush's Impact Will Be Felt Long After He Is Gone
- This is Fun
- This Pretty Much Sums it Up, So I Don't Really Hav...
- On My Dad Trying to Teach Me a Lesson...Over and O...
- I Can't Even Begin to Explain Just How Much I Hate...
- ▼ July (12)