Three Things I Taught Myself To Do With No Guidance From Others (Two While Staring At Mirrors In Department Stores As A Child While My Mother Was Shopping)
1) Raise both eyebrows individually.
2) Wink with both eyes.
3) Juggle (although not very well, & one of my uncles may have shown me tips on this as a kid. I can't say for sure.)
Four Things Frowned Upon In Most Places, But Seemingly Completely OK In New York
1) Honking at girls as you drive by.
2) Saying things like, "Damn, girl, you looking good today" or "How you doing?" as girls walk by.
3) Throwing whatever happens to be in your hand on the ground if you no longer wish to be holding it.
4) Swearing at your children.
When You Get Bored Here, Go Here:
- David Luke Doody
- David Luke Doody is a freelance writer and editor. He is a founding editor of InDigest Magazine (www.indigestmag.com), an online literary magazine and the blog editor for Guernica Magazine (www.guernicamag.com). His writing and interviews have appeared in those magazines as well as in The Huffington Post, mnartists.org, The Minnesota Twins Yearbook, and Intentionally Urban Magazine, among others.
- ► 2009 (40)
- ► 2008 (112)
- Another Last Finale. Goodbye For Now, New York
- Another Night of Great Music?!
- Adios Kate
- A Hard Pill To Swallow
- Always Moving Forward, Looking Back
- Partying With Bands...Kind Of. More Good Music in...
- Who's That Guy?
- What Do You Do With The Pieces of a Broken Heart*
- I 35W Bridge Collapse-A Question
- Rock the Bells Gives Me Something I Thought I'd Ne...
- ▼ August (11)